Dedicated to Providing Legal Services to Property Owners Associations Formed to Govern Common Interest Developments
We know that success comes from long-term relationships with our clients, and our goals are the same as the Board’s goals: to preserve, protect and enhance property values in your community.
The issues which arise within the community association context require specialized legal advice. Whether it is enforcing governing documents, maintenance and repair obligations, abating nuisances, reviewing vendor contracts, member discipline, elections and corporate governance issues, or compliance with the Common Interest Development Act, we offer complete, expert legal assistance for our community association clients.
Wasserman Kornheiser Combs LLP is a proud member of the Community Association Institute (CAI), the Educational Counsel of Homeowners (ECHO), the California Association of Community Managers (CACM), the California Legislative Action Committee (CLAC), the Building Industry Association (BIA), the Home Builders Council (HBC), and the American Inns of Court. Our membership in these organizations is part of our ongoing efforts to stay abreast of the constantly changing legal landscape affecting our homeowner association clients.
At Wasserman Kornheiser Combs LLP we never lose sight of the fact that, for most of the work we do, the money our community association clients pay to us comes from one source: owner assessments. Bearing this in mind, we bill conscientiously, efficiently, and ethically for our work. We know that success comes from long-term relationships with our clients, and our goals are the same as the Board’s goals: to preserve, protect and enhance property values in your community.
We stand ready to assist your community in the following areas:
- GOVERNING DOCUMENTS: Interpreting, enforcing, drafting, amending and restating all levels of homeowner association and commercial association governing documents.
- ASSESSMENT COLLECTION: Complete assessment collection letters from initial contact with a delinquent owner through judicial or non-judicial foreclosure.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: From notice of violation through enforcement of judgments for permanent injunctions we can assist you with every level of dispute resolution, always with the aim of resolving disputes satisfactorily at the earliest stage possible.
- LITIGATION: When informal dispute resolution fails, or when immediate court action is needed, we have substantial experience successfully litigating our clients’ rights in court.
- ANNUAL MEETINGS, ELECTIONS AND RECALLS: We can advise and assist the board and management on timelines, required notices, and recommended practices for all manner of member meetings and elections.
- ARCHITECTURAL ISSUES: Our attorneys are ready to guide your board and management in maintaining aesthetic harmony in your community in a manner consistent with the law and your governing documents.
- NUISANCE ABATEMENT: From barking dogs to party houses to hoarders to the criminally insane, we have successfully resolved the most egregious nuisances that disturb the peace of residents and affect property values.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: We assist our boards and managers in drafting and implementing policies governing solar energy systems, electric vehicle charging stations, water intrusion, collections, architectural rules, smoking, and more.